Monday, October 27, 2008

Well, that was weird.

Last night was not especially great. Belle's flight was delayed so she got home really late. Also, she had to get up early this morning and'll be at a work thing tonight, so there's no telling when we'll get a chance for some quality time. Suddenly, the real world has shoved its nose into our life and I'm not liking it. It's given rise to some worries.

Last post, I talked about the whole "exotic pet" metaphor. If someone had dropped a lemur or ferret on her doorstep without instruction, Belle'd be just as hard-pressed to deal with it as she is dealing with her suddenly kinky, horny, submissive husband. While I did order her some books, they only can help her so much if, at the end of the day, her heart's just not in it. I never asked her if she wanted to control my orgasms and we never really talked about adding a large measure of kink into our sex lives. I more or less dumped all that on her. Well, what if she doesn't like it? What if none of this really gets her going? In order for it to work for me, I need it to work for her. And last night, it just wasn't.

Since she called me and told me about the things she was buying in San Francisco, I have been fixated on the collar. The other things (cuffs, straps, etc.) are also intriguing to me, but I've been imagining the collar almost constantly- the first time she put it on me, the way it would look around my neck, the way it would make me feel. Yeah, I've taken this whole pet thing pretty seriously. So last night she comes home late and pretty much says we aren't going to be using any of the new items. I didn't really think she'd be tying me up, but not even the collar? I can't even try it on? I had built this moment up in my mind - me, the pet, getting my first collar, from her, my owner - and instead I get a tired wife who just wants to go to bed. No, there's nothing wrong with that. It's totally understandable. But I was pretty well crushed by the let down and that, in turn, led me to doubt this entire course we're on. It also highlights the precarious emotional state I'm apparently in.

I feel as though I'm coming out to her. No, I'm not gay, but I can't imagine telling her I was would be much more difficult than this. Where we are in our relationship and how quickly it's developed over the past six to eight weeks, and the fact that sex (or lack of it) was one of the root issues that led to our troubles, has left me feeling a little insecure. On top of that, I know that as I'm exploring my desires I'm discovering new things about myself. As I mentioned in the last post, I'm finding myself much more drawn to D/s (with some reluctance). It's as if I'm pulling a thread on a sweater and it just keeps coming with no end in sight. I really don't know what kind of person I am. And I don't know if Belle's interested in maintaining whatever it is I'm becoming. And that's scary.

No comments: